Give us a call:
t. 0208 935 5337
Worktops.net (Kent Office)
Worktops.net (London Office)
24 Holborn Viaduct
Get in Touch
General FAQ’s – Who are worktops.net?
Worktops.net produces the highest quality premium worktops and offers a nationwide professional, responsive templating and installation service. Worktops.net offers trade prices direct to the public and are proud to make luxury worktops truly affordable.
We are able to do this as we manufacture all our products under one roof, unlike many other suppliers you are dealing directly with the supplier.
How do I contact worktops.net?
Our sales team are available 6 days a week or email us on [email protected]
How do I order a worktops from worktops.net?
You can complete our quote form where you can upload your worktops design / plans or alternatively complete an enquiry form on our contact us page.
You can submit your worktop design or plans on the website or by email direct to [email protected]
We will prepare a detailed worktop estimate based on your requirements. Please note the price is an approximate estimation based on the details provided and prices may change once a template or site survey has been done.
Once you are happy with the estimate you can place your worktop order by email or fax. We will forward you an order acknowledgement and arrange the templating, installation and delivery to suit you.
Please note payment is required prior to manufacture, delivery and installation. Please see our full terms and conditions on the terms page for further details.
For further information on our worktops, products and services please visit our product pages or alternatively feel free to contact our customer service team
Can I order a sample of the materials from worktops.net
If you require any samples please contact us on [email protected] with your requirements
Why do you have to do a templating visit?
Worktops aren’t made from materials that can be easily trimmed or altered on site; they must be the right shape and size with cut outs and holes in exactly the right place. The only reliable way to achieve this is for experienced worktop templaters to undertake the work.
Do I need to be there when you template and install?
Yes, It is best if you are there when we template to answer any questions we might have. The same goes for fitting, so that you can confirm that you are happy with the finished product. We need to make 100% sure that the worktops are templated in the manner in which you wish for them to be installed.
I am just replacing my existing worktops, do they have to be removed before you template?
Yes. We template directly on top of the units so existing worktops will need to be completely removed before we arrive. You can place the old worktops back onto the units after we have templated until the new worktops are installed.
What are the maximum worktop lengths?
Generally with worktops the maximum length for a single piece is 3000mm at which point it will be necessary for a joint.
Do you cut and polish worktops on site?
No. All our worktops are processed using both state of the art machines and skilled craftsmen in our workshops. Good quality stone processing is not something that can be done on-site.
Will you plumb in my sink/connect my hob etc?
No, you will have to arrange a suitably qualified tradesman to do this.
What can I do to help the installation process?
A clear path into the premises and clear space around the base units is essential. Removing items such as unit doors, and appliances not integral to the worktop fitting is advisable.
Can I arrange for my own fitting?
If you prefer – we can just supply the worktop and you can arrange your own installation.
Please submit your worktop design or plans to us by uploading it on our website or please give us a call if you require any assitance
- We will prepare a detailed worktop estimate based on your requirements. Please note the price is an approximate estimation based on the details provided and prices may change once a template or site survey has been done.
- Once you are happy with the estimate you can place your worktop order by email.
- We will forward you an order acknowledgement and arrange the templating, installation or delivery to suit you. Please check the details, sign and return them to us.
- Please note our payment terms are pro-forma and payment is required before delivery or installation. Please see our full terms and conditions on the terms page for further details.
- For further information on our worktops, products and services please visit our product pages or alternatively feel free to contact our customer service team on 0208 935 5337
Product Frequently Asked Questions
Is timber an appropriate material for a kitchen worktop?
When properly constructed and correctly installed, timber worktops will give a lifetime of service with little maintenance. Some would say that Timber worktops look even better with age.
Is a timber worktop hygienic?
It has been scientifically proven that a timber worktop will kill off salmonella and even e-coli within 48 hours. However they can live indefinitely on a worktop or work surface manufactured from granite or other materials. Timber worktops are very hygienic when constructed and treated correctly
How long will a timber worktop last for?
A top quality and well manufactured timber worktop or work surface which is well maintained will last you a lifetime.
Will my timber worktop change colour over time?
Yes, all timber worktops and work surfaces will change over a period of time. How quickly it changes and in what way it changes will vary from species to species and the conditions to which it is exposed.
Granite FAQ’s – What is Granite?
Granite is a hard igneous rock, formed from molten magma. The magma cools and solidifies under extreme pressure deep within the earth. Granite is very popular within the construction industry due to its hardness and durability.
Granites are also renowned for their depth of colours. They can range from pink to grey, depending on their chemistry and mineralogy. Available in tiles and slabs, it is perfect for a wide range of uses within the home.
Why is Granite so popular for worktops and work surface?
The natural beauty of Granite is breath taking and timeless. A piece of granite is formed over thousands of years can be brought into your home. Granite never goes out of fashion and has a style and elegance all of its own. No two pieces of Granite are alike ensuring that each worktop is a unique creation. Visually stunning effects can be created in the kitchen by the use of this remarkable material with worktops.net skilled masons hand crafting each worktop to the highest quality.
How do you clean granite?
Granite can generally be wiped clean with a clean damp cloth, and buffed dry where necessary with a microfiber cloth. If a deeper clean is required to remove grease or oil deposits, a mild, well diluted detergent, or a stone specific cleaner can be used. Under no circumstances should acidic or abrasive products be used to clean a granite worktop as this can damage the surface of the stone. It advised that any spillages of an acidic nature, e.g. wine, vinegar, fruit juices etc should not be left to lie on your worktop for long periods, they should be neutralized by applying plenty of clean water and wiped up, rinsed and the surface buffed dry.
How do I remove limescale deposits?
In hard water areas there is potential for limescale to build up on surfaces where water is left to dry out. To avoid excessive build ups, always wipe up any standing water, with a cloth and buff dry. Where any build up does occur, then they should be removed gently, using a weak white vinegar solution and a soft nylon bristled brush to agitate the build up until it breaks up, and clean be washed away. Under no circumstances should a chemical limescale remover be used, as these are highly acidic. For a long term alternative to the above, a water softening device could be fitted to the mains water supply, to remove the lime from the water before it leaves the tap.
What is Silestone?
Silestone is the registered brand name for the top-end range of stylish quartz worktops manufactured by Cosentino, one of Spain’s largest companies
With trademarked anti-bacterial protection based on the latest generation of silver ions, not found in any other brand of worktop. The unmatched quality and characteristics of these worktops make Silestone the world leader in natural quartz surface worktops.
What is Silestone made of?
Silestone is manufactured from the highest quality natural quartz, an exceptionally hard, durable and resilient natural silicate mineral known as Crystallized Silicon Dioxide. Some well known varieties of Quartz include Rose Quartz, Citrine and Amethyst and have been used in jewellery since antiquity. Quartz can also be found as essential constituents of igneous rocks, sedimentary rocks, carbonate rocks and quartzite. While most of the varieties are usually white or transparent, the material can be tinted throughout to almost any conceivable colour during the manufacturing process. Thus, it is not only a surface colour. Silestone contains 94% natural quartz, blended with polyester resin for greater elasticity, and tinted with special quartz colourants to create more than 60 unique quartz or designer colours during a special vibrocompaction process.
What are the distinctive qualities of Silestone worktops?
- Quartz has a unique crystal appearance. It has an elegance and beauty that can only be achieved by natural gems such as quartz or diamonds, with a sparkling gleam and unique touch.
- The natural quartz used in Silestone® worktops has an incomparable density, making it non-porous, extraordinarily hard, and yet resilient with a high degree of elasticity for longer life.
- Silestone® worktops have the weight and feel of natural stone, but with far superior qualities of consistency of strength, durability, resilience and elasticity. Unlike natural stone, it is also non-porous, making for far greater hygiene and resistance to stains.
- On the Mohs hardness scale, giving diamonds a 10, Quartz scores a 7, by far outperforming laminates, melamine and even natural stone materials such as granite.
- It is the only worktop treated with bacteriostatic protection for added hygiene and sterility.
- Silestone® worktops are highly resistant to acids, stains, scratches, heat and knocks experienced in the kitchen, giving you lifelong peace of mind.
- Silestone worktops have a 10 year Limited Warranty.
- Silestone worktops have the most inspiring array of colours available on the market, ranging from natural crystal tones to vivid designer hues.
- The colour consistency of Silestone worktops is far better than in any other natural stone. Yet, as in any natural material, small colour variations, spotting and sometimes slight pitting enhance the natural appearance of Silestone worktops.
- Silestone worktops have a unique range of integrated sinks and bowls.
- Silestone worktops are available in a variety of finishes:
- Polished finish: High gloss and completely smooth and flat to the touch
- Suede finish: Textured surface with a matt finish and soft touch
- Volcano finish: Rustic and soft at the same time
- Silestone worktops can be shaped and formed even in large sections, minimizing the number of joints.
- Silestone worktops are available in several different formats and thicknesses, making it extremely versatile for a great many applications in your kitchen, bathroom, shower, walls and floors.
Where can Silestone worktops be used?
Silestone worktops are eminently suited for kitchens and bathrooms as worktops, wall cladding and even flooring. It is also frequently used in sensitive areas such as airport and hotel check-in counters because it is so easy to clean and to maintain high levels of sterility and hygiene.
Can Silestone worktops be formed into different shapes and designs?
Silestone cannot be thermoformed in the way solid surfaces can, but can be cut to any shape and edges polished.
Are Silestone Worktops easy to clean?
Silestone® is arguably the easiest of all worktop surfaces to keep clean. Because it is a solid, non-porous worktop with a smooth surface, it does not absorb liquids and it is more resistant to stains than any other worktop available. It can simply be wiped, or cleaned with a normal detergent. Its antibacterial qualities ensure exceptionally high hygiene and sterility, making it highly suitable for kitchen worktops.
Are Silestone worktops resistant to damage?
Silestone’s resistance to scratches, stains, knocks and heat surpasses that of any other type of worktop. As with any high quality product of value, proper care must still be taken by using chopping blocks, cleaning the worktops properly and avoiding abuse and excessive exposure to scratches, hard knocks or heat.
Can Silestone worktops be repaired if damaged?
Silestone Worktops can withstand a higher degree of knocks from pots and pans than any other worktop, but should not be treated with reckless carelessness. In the unlikely event that it is damaged, Worktop.net has an expert team that can repair most types of damage (however in the case of cracks it will need replacing). A manufactured defect will be covered by the 10 year Limited Warranty.
Do Silestone worktops require special care or maintenance?
Silestone® worktops do not require out of the ordinary care or maintenance and it does not have to be sealed or treated. The worktops are highly resistant to damage and by regularly cleaning them properly with mild household cleaners and by taking reasonable precautions to prevent damage from heat sources, scratches and knocks, they will last a lifetime. Stubborn stains or spills can be soaked for ten minutes and rubbed vigorously with a non-abrasive pad. Silestone® Leather does require daily cleaning to avoid the buildup of daily living and dust.
How are Silestone worktops joined?
Silestone is a quartz material which is a natural stone and so should be treated like granite. All joints are butted together to give a clean, flexible joint. We do not use epoxy jointing compunds because these are not flexible and crack over time.
How many colours are available in Silestone worktops?
Silestone® Worktops are available in more than 60 unique quartz colours such as Azulugarit, Stellar Marina, and Ebony Pearl, to designer colours such as Rojoeros, Magenta Energy and Amazon. These colours are complemented by a wide variety of textures and finishes. (See our products page for full details.)
Do Silestone worktops come in different thicknesses?
Silestone® worktops are available in 12mm, 20mm and 30 mm thicknesses. Different edgings and downturns can be applied to create the impression of solid worktops up to 100mm.
Can Silestone® worktops only be used in the kitchen?
Silestone® worktops can be used anywhere that you require worktops, countertops, wall cladding, or even flooring.
- Because of its versatility it can be formed into almost any shape or design.
- Because of its incomparably high hygiene rating and antibacterial qualities, it can be used in homes, hospitals, surgeries and laboratories.
- Because it is so easy to clean and maintain, Silestone® worktops are used in sensitive areas such as hotels, airports and sports stadiums for check-in counters and in cloakrooms, change rooms and bathrooms.
- Because of the wide range of textures and colours, you can use Silestone® worktops in any other room in your house, office or boardroom where a countertop, worktop, boardroom table or desk is required.
- Because of its natural beauty, you can use it for wall cladding in your home, office, boardroom, laboratory, surgery, reception hall, or anywhere else.
- Because of its density and imperviousness to water, it can be used in bathrooms, showers and wetrooms. You can use Silestone® to create a seamless, waterproof floor or shower basin.
Do Silestone worktops expand and contract?
Due to seasonal temperature differences, Silestone® worktops can expand and contract by 1 mm per metre of worktop.
Is Silestone safe for my children?
Silestone is completely non-toxic and anti-bacterial. Because it does not absorb moisture and there are no crevices in the joints or surface for bacterial buildup, your child is protected from germs.
Is Silestone environmentally friendly?
Silestone is manufactured in terms of strict standards of safety, limiting waste and energy consumption. All the materials used are completely non-toxic and recyclable. When burned (an accident in the kitchen, or fire) Silestone® does not emit toxic halogenated gases. (Naturally in any fire care should be taken against inhaling carbon monoxide!)
What are the benefits of Silestone worktops?
- Silestone has a distinctive beauty and appearance unmatched by any other material, except quartz crystal and diamonds. For opulence and sophistication at an affordable price, it has no match.
- Silestone® is cost-effective because it has been produced to last a lifetime and carries a unique 10 year Limited Warranty.
- It is stronger and more durable than any other worktop available on the market, because of Silestone® ’s unequalled density, hardness, strength, elasticity, thickness and resistance to damage, enhanced by a special vibrocompaction manufacturing process.
- Exceptional hygiene and ease of cleaning. Silestone® is a solid, non-porous surface which does not absorb moisture or fluids, and it is specially treated with a unique bacteriostatic formula of silver ions making it suitable even for laboratories and hospitals.
- It is versatile. You can personalise your kitchen with infinite combinations of designs, colours, patterns, textures and forms it can be shaped to your unique circumstances.
- Silestone® ’s smooth surface is exceptionally easy to clean and maintain.
- Silestone® worktops can be repaired in the unlikely event of being damaged. Worktops.net has a team of expert technicians that can repair most types of damage either onsite or in our factory. Flaws in the manufactured product are covered by the 10 year Limited Warranty.
- Silestone® worktops are in a league of their own. It is the highest quality surface, with unmatched beauty, unequalled hygiene protection, endless design possibilities, and yet available to you at a highly affordable price.
Corian FAQ’s – What is Corian?
Corian is the registered brand name for a range of sophisticated solid surface worktops emulating the qualities and appearance of solid marble and granite.
What is Corian made of?
Corian is manufactured from the highest quality natural minerals (Gibbsite, Bayerite, Doyleite and Nordstrandite) strengthened by acrylic polymer resin, giving it greater flexibility, elasticity and resilience than natural marble or granite. Corian consists of about 66% natural minerals and 34% acrylic polymer resin.
Do Corian worktops look and feel natural?
Corian worktops emulate the natural beauty and atmosphere of marble, granite or polished stone in a huge variety of colours. It is a solid, non-porous surface with all the benefits of solid, natural materials.
Where can Corian worktops be used?
Corian worktops are eminently suitable for kitchens and bathrooms as worktops, wall cladding and even flooring, but because of its solid, non-porous quality, it has been approved by health authorities for use in highly sterile areas such as hospitals, surgeries and laboratories. It is also frequently used in sensitive areas such as airport and hotel check-in counters because it is so easy to clean and to maintain high levels of hygiene.
Can Corian worktops be formed into different shapes and designs?
Due to its unique composition, Corian® is incredibly versatile and has endless design possibilities. By a special heating process, it can be shaped, joined and formed into a wide variety of two and three dimensional shapes and products. Corian worktops can be combined with countless combinations of upstands, splashbacks, downturns, wall cladding, overhangs, edgings, return ends and cutouts for integrated sinks, bowls and cooking tops for a one-of-a-kind design. Add to this the extensive range of colours, patterns and textures, topped by the fact that Corian can also be engraved, and you have the ability to create unique designs and to personalise your kitchen or bathroom.
Are Corian Worktops easy to clean?
Because Corian is a solid, non-porous worktop, it does not absorb liquids. Different parts are joined almost seamlessly with a special process, leaving no crevices for dirt and old food to accumulate to breed germs. It can simply be wiped, or cleaned with a normal detergent. Due to its exceptionally high hygiene qualities, it has been approved for use in hospitals, surgeries and laboratories.
Can Corian worktops be repaired if damaged?
Worktops.net offers a Corian Worktop Care and Maintenance Kit that enables you to keep your worktops looking brand new for many years. In cases of more serious damage, Worktops.net has a team of experts to do repairs onsite by sanding and polishing out scratches, or filling in deeper scratches with a special acrylic polymer resin.
Are Corian Worktops resistant to damage?
Corian worktops are highly resistant to scratches, stains, knocks and heat, and do not delaminate. As with any high quality product of value, proper care must still be taken by using chopping blocks, cleaning them properly and avoiding excessive exposure to scratches, hard knocks or heat.
Do Corian worktops require special care or maintenance?
Corian worktops do not require out of the ordinary care. They are highly resistant to damage and by regularly cleaning them properly and by taking reasonable precautions to prevent damage from heat sources, scratches and knocks, they will last a very long time.
How are Corian worktops joined?
In the manufacturing process, different parts of a Corian design are joined by a special heat process and with colour-matched acrylic polymer resins. They are then polished with machines to create an almost imperceptible joint. Onsite joints are blended and polished by hand to provide a seamless and inconspicuous finish, without any crevices or gaps.
How many colours are available in Corian® worktops?
Corian Worktops are available in more than 100 different colours and patterns, ranging from white Arctic Ice to Black Nocturne, with all the hues and shades in between. You have the choice of natural marble and granite colours, natural sand or clay colours, bright pigmented colours, graduated colours, and even raffia. These colours are complemented by a wide variety of textures and finishes. (See our products page for full details.)
Can Corian Worktops be personalised?
Corian worktops can be engraved, shaped, formed and joined to form a unique design in your kitchen, bathroom, or anywhere else where you should choose to use it. Combined with the range of colours, patterns, textures and finishes, you have the opportunity to create your own unique, personalised kitchen or bathroom, not replicated anywhere else.
Can Corian worktops be engraved?
Corian worktops can be engraved to your own specifications to create your own unique designs.
Can you create different effects with Corian worktops?
Corian allows you to create anything from a traditional, rustic, elegantly sleek, modern, or high tech kitchen, because it offers an almost infinite combination of shapes, colours, patterns and textures. It can be used for wall cladding to create the effect of marble or granite, or in a range of scores of different bright pigmented colours to emulate polished stone. You can create special effects in your bar area, lounge, dining room, office, boardroom, bathroom, change room, reception room – in fact anywhere where people congregate! The wide array of colours, textures, patterns, shapes and designs are limited only by your own creativity and imagination.
Can Corian worktops only be used in the kitchen?
Corian worktops can be used anywhere that you require worktops, countertops, wall cladding, or even flooring.
Because of its versatility it can be formed into almost any shape or design.
Due to its high hygiene rating, it can be used in homes, hospitals, surgeries and laboratories.
As it is so easy to clean and maintain, Corian® worktops are used in sensitive areas such as hotels, airports and sports stadiums, for check-in counters and in cloakrooms, changing rooms and bathrooms.
Because of the wide range of textures and colours, you can use Corian® worktops in any other room in your house, office or boardroom where a countertop or worktop is required.
Because of its natural beauty, you can use it for wall cladding in your home, office, boardroom, laboratory, surgery, reception hall, or anywhere else.
Because of its density, it can be used in bathrooms, showers and wetrooms. You can use Corian® to create a seamless, waterproof floor or shower basin.
Do Corian worktops expand and contract?
Due to temperature differences, Corian worktops can expand and contract by 1 mm per metre of worktop.
Is Corian safe for my children?
Corian is completely non-toxic. Both the materials used to manufacture Corian worktops and the sealants and adhesives used to install it are GREEN GUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®. In case of fire or burning, it releases mainly Carbon Oxides, without any toxic halogenated gases. Because it does not absorb moisture and there are no crevices in the joints or surface for bacterial buildup, your child is protected from germs.
Is Corian environmentally friendly?
Corian is manufactured in terms of strict standards of safety, limiting waste and energy consumption. All the materials used are completely non-toxic and recyclable. When burned (an accident in the kitchen, or fire) Corian does not emit toxic halogenated gases. (Naturally in any fire care should be taken against inhaling carbon monoxide!)
What are the benefits of Corian worktops?
It is cost-effective. Corian gives you the natural beauty, benefits and atmosphere of high end solid marble, granite or stone, without the hefty price tag.
It is durable. Because of Corian’s natural strength, elasticity, thickness and resistance to damage, it will outlast almost any other type of worktops.
Exceptional hygiene and ease of cleaning. Corian is a solid, non-porous surface therefore it does not absorb moisture or fluids, making it suitable even for laboratories and hospitals. Because it is joined seamlessly, there is nowhere for germs to breed and is easy to clean.
It is beautiful and sophisticated. Because it is made from the highest quality natural minerals, blended with the highest quality acrylic polymer resins, Corian worktops have a rich and sophisticated feel and look.
It is versatile. You can personalise your kitchen with infinite combinations of designs, colours, patterns, textures and forms it can be shaped to your unique circumstances and to top it all, you can have them engraved to your own specifications.
Corian’s solid surface, without any perceptible joints, is exceptionally easy to clean and maintain.
Corian worktops can be repaired if damaged. Worktops.net provides you with a Care and Maintenance Kit to repair minor damage yourself, while more serious damage can be repaired onsite by our expert technicians.