- Professional handling, loading and transportation is required to avoid any damage to the cut
- Gaps, radius of holes, cutouts, expansion joints, etc have to be accurately calculated and made provision for in both the fabrication and installation process.
- Final inspection before installation:
- Check condition of walls, floor, cabinets, carpeting, etc to ensure support strength, levels and perfect fit of worktops. Ensure the new worktops will not obstruct any access, windows, passageways, opening of- doors, dishwashers, refrigerators, etc.
- Final comparison between worksheets, design and physical location (also ensure nothing has changed since first measurements and design.)
- Silestone may not be installed on top of existing worktops.
- All pieces are correctly placed and lined up to confirm squareness, levels, joints, gaps, radius’s of corners and cutouts, colour matching, etc.
- The length of the edge should be smooth and unsplintered. Expert polishing is required if this is not the case.
- Check that all joints are airtight, supported on both sides back and front. Specialist on-site adjustment or cutting is done with specialised equipment.
- Heat sink tape, heat pads, etc are installed in all areas in direct contact with heat (especially around hobs, etc.)
- Insulating tape, or caulking is installed in all areas where liquids may come into contact with the worktops or may seep through to areas below or behind the work surface (especially near dishwasher, washing machine, etc.)
- Worktops and backsplashes, integrated basins and sinks, edging, accessories, etc are expertly fitted and secured.
- Joints are professionally sealed, using diamond sponges, and finished off with colour matching adhesives and caulking.
- Final cleaning and quality control inspection to ensure work has been completed to the highest professional standards.
- Position is carefully marked and sink or basin is correctly held in place on the underside of the worktop cutout with staples or adhesive tape.
- The sink or basin is the secured with special adhesives and caulking, with additional reinforcement installed if necessary.
Piping and plumbing can be installed after 24 hours.
Please note, we are not qualified plumbing or electrical engineers and these works will not be carried out by our worktop fitting teams.
Silestone sinks, basins and accessories
Silestone offers the all-inclusive package to create supreme bespoke kitchens, bathrooms and other areas where only the best and most sophisticated surfaces are required.
Because Silestone can be moulded, formed and shaped this, the ultimate in luxurious worktops, is complemented by a full range of integrated single and double sinks and basins, shower trays, accessories, end details, upstands, downturns, splashbacks, fixtures, fittings, decorations, etc. almost perfectly matching the colour, texture and patterns of your worktops in a harmonious design. Basins and sinks are undermounted with seamless joints, and supported from underneath, giving the impression that they were cast as part of the worktop or vanity top.
Silestone also offers a range of above counter, wall mounted and free-standing basins to augment the design possibilities. For even greater variety, stainless steel sinks can also be integrated into your Silestone kitchen as it harmonises exceptionally well with other materials such as stainless steel, brass, gold, glass, crystal, wood, natural stone, etc.
To complete the perfect picture, Silestone also manufactures floor and wall tiles and kitchen and bathroom wall cladding to match the opulence of a Silestone worktop or vanity top with its complete range of accessories.
The end result is a singular creation, giving the sense of unity and perfect harmony of all the design elements. Fitting together all the coordinated elements with virtually indiscernible joints, and strengthened and supported with techniques not visible from outside, the effect is one of faultless synchronisation and coherence.
The basins, sinks, shower trays and accessories share the superior qualities of the Silestone worktops. The exclusive patented antibacterial formula is baked into the resin of all these elements, ensuring the perfect hygiene of the worktops is maintained throughout the design and installation.
Coupled with all of Silestone’s unique qualities, its distinctive three-dimensional crystal-like appearance makes Silestone the indisputable champion of sophistication, luxury, durability and functionality.
The exceptional hardness of Silestone warrants that the basins, sinks and shower trays are extremely durable and scratch and stain resistant, giving the supreme “solid” feel to the entire design. If installed and maintained properly, generations from now, Silestone kitchens and bathrooms will still look pristine, without the battered look sometimes associated with sinks and basins of lesser quality.
Silestone basins, sinks, shower trays, etc do not require any special care or treatment. Regular cleaning with a mild soap and clean water will do more than 90% of the job. Silestone is completely impermeable and water stains will not penetrate the surface and can easily be cleaned with a descaler or paste of bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. They are extremely durable, knock resistant, heat resistant and will withstand most kitchen cleaning chemicals and soaps without any trouble. Worktops.net also sells a specialist cleaning and maintenance kit and have highly qualified engineers and installers who will be able to professionally repair or restore your Silestone sinks or basins in the unlikely event of damage.